Dr Lindesay Scott-Hayward
Research Fellow and Project Manager
Research: Use of spatially adaptive smoothing (SALSA methods) and geodesic distance (CReSS method) for modelling species distributions. Of particular interest is analysis of environmental impact assessment survey data.
PhD: Predicting the distribution of marine organisms in spatially complex regions.
- Developing methods for environmental impact assessment
- Spatially adaptive smoothing
- Correlated data
- Areas of complex topography (two dimensional smoothing using geodesic distances)
- Radial basis functions
- Introduction to Statistical Modlling
- Spatial modelling methods for correlated data (splines, GAMs, GEEs)
- Using the MRSea R-package
- Distance Sampling
- Managing an EPSRC funded project: Ecological Survey Spatial Modelling (ESSMod)
- Modelling spatial distribution and change from wildlife survey data (ESSMod).
- Key words: Distance Sampling, SECR, INLA
Reports and Software:
- Marine renewables strategic environmental assessment: Statistical Modelling of bird and cetacean distributions in off-shore renewables development areas (2013; contract for Marine Scotland (SB9 (CR/2012/05))
- Guidance document
- MRSea R-package
- MRSea User Guide and reference manual
Paxton, C.G.M., Scott-Hayward, L.A.S. & Rexstad, E. 2014. Statistical approaches to aid the identification of Marine Protected Areas for minke whale, Risso’s dolphin, white-beaked dolphin and basking shark. Scottish Natural Heritage Commissioned Report No. 594.
- Uncertainty in an Ecological Setting: Regresion based models. (Understanding Uncertainty in Ecological Modelling, January 2015, LSE)
- Methods Comparison Exerciese: statistical modelling in renewables developments areas (ISEC Talk 2014) (International Statistical Ecology Conference)
- EIMR Talk 2014 and extended abstract (Environmental Interactions of Marine Renewable Energy Technologies)
- ECS Talk 2013 (European Cetacean Society)
Details about my research, teaching and industry involvement can be found here:
1 (of 1 published available) for lass with keyword Absolute-configuration clear keyword filter. (source: University of St Andrews PURE)
Please click title of any item for full details.
Journal of the American Chemical Society
Contact Details:Dr Lindesay Scott-Hayward
University of St Andrews
tel: 01334 461824
fax: 01334 461800
Centre for Research into Ecological & Environmental Modelling
Sea Mammal Research Unit
School of Mathematics & Statistics
National Centre for Statistical Ecology
Scottish Oceans Institute
edit lass details